Preschool University is a learning resource for those seeking the best methods to help their child learn to read at an early age. All the learning products available on this site were produced by early childhood educational expert Richard Colombini, M.A. He has spent the last 22 years researching, classroom testing and perfecting the correct methods and sequence for reading success.
Richard's credentials include:
- Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of the State of New York
- Master of Arts degree in Counseling and Psychological Services from St. Mary’s University
- Certificate of Early Childhood Montessori Training from the Northwest Center for Montessori Education/American Montessori Society
- Over 23 years teaching in Montessori schools including Owner and Master Teacher for 13 years at Arise and Shine Montessori in Minneapolis, MN
- Two levels of Brain Gym® training
- Completion of “The Writing Road to Reading” teacher’s training
- Several months language study in various Spanish speaking countries
- Trained in Handle® course: Get a Handle on Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- In training as a certified facilitator for the Work of Byron Katie
- Training in The Nurtured Heart Approach by Howard Glasser
He continues to develop his skills and interests through books, seminars and classes. Some of his classes and courses of study include training in child assessment, biofeedback, Hospice, Brain Gym, phonics, brain development, career counseling, and learning through music and rhythm with Hestia Abeyesekera.